Friday, May 13, 2011
13 Things You Never Knew About KFC
1. KFC was started in Corbin, Kentucky, in 1930
2. The secret recipe for KFC chicken is kept in a safe in Louisville, KY.
3. KFC is consumed by nearly 8 million people per day in the US alone.
4. The creator of KFC, “Colonel Sanders”, was actually a gas station manager, whose real name was Harland Sanders.
5. The first KFC restaurant was opened outside of Sanders gas station, and was originally called Sanders Court & Cafe.
6. The first overseas KFC was in England.
7. KFC operates in 80 countries around the world.
8. The first ever bucket of KFC chicken was sold in 1952.
9. THe original, still secret recipe, was invented in 1940.
Read more in Food
« The Benefits of Chocolate
10. In 2007, KFC decided to keep the original recipe, but fry the chicken in a different type of oil so that trans fat was removed.
11. KFC is owned by PepsiCo
12. Harland Sanders was made a Colonel in 1936
13. Some people believe KFC stands for Kid Fattening Center.